Company values are the set of fundamental beliefs and guiding principles that help people function together as a team and work toward a common business goal. We have previously written about the importance of company values.
If you are a startup that is currently crafting their company values or if you are thinking of revamping your company values, we compiled a list of 60+ great examples of company values from Canadian companies (both big and small) that are sure to inspire you.
3. Live it
4. Do Right
9. We operate in an egoless environment, where we want you to speak up and challenge the status quo.
10.We value those with a mindset that learning never stops, who always seek to better themselves and those around them, on both a small and large scale.
11. We are data-driven because data is our vehicle to learn, and to make decisions based on fact rather than gut-feeling.
15. Learning & Growth
16. Diversity & Inclusion
18. Impact at Scale
19. Driven by Passion
Canadian Pacific Railways
21. Providing a competitive advantage
22. Commitment to safety
23. Commitment to environmental stewardship and low carbon footprint
24. Commitment to our people
25. Commitment to communities
26. Customer success comes first
28. Thrive as Team Clio
29. Play to win
30. Draw the f**ing owl
31. Live a learning mindset
32. No doors; only windows
33. Stay fit, have fun
34. Mission first, people always
35. Hold yourself and others accountable and responsible
36. Create for the future with pride, passion, and urgency
37. Win with trust, integrity, and inclusion
38. Be a team. Do your job. Be a pineapple.
39. Continuously learn, grow, and hustle
40. Exceptional customer service
42. Strong relationships
43. Believing in ourselves
45. Continuous improvement
46. Lead with empathy: listen, understand, trust
47. Own your potential: driven, committed, accountable
48. Be bold: critical thinking, disruptive, creative
49. Embrace the challenge: intensity, ambition, tenacity
50. Lend a hand: collaborative, comradery, low ego
51. Step up
52. One Team
53. Customer obsessed
54. Go fast, be agile
55. Play to win
56. Neighbors and Allies
59. Respect for people
Business Development Bank of Canada
61. Client connection
62. Team spirit
64. Work/life balance
65. Trust 66. Teamwork 67. Accountability
There are some common themes/values you probably could have identified; while it may be tempting to use some of these values, we want to remind you that company values should be unique - they define YOUR company and YOUR company culture.
We hope that this list of company values inspire you. For some more ideas and insights, we recommend checking out these resources:
At iota consultants, we facilitate workshops to help you brainstorm company values that truly define your team, your workplace, and your work. For more information, feel free to reach out.